Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mess

This afternoon we were homebound again as a wind and rain storm raged on outside. The boys had taken great naps and we headed down to the basement to play. I thought to myself "hey if the boys play as well as they did yesterday maybe I'll watch a little of Oprah or read the new Harvard magazine". Well the universe was laughing at that one and sent me a message saying "Hey lady, are you nuts? Where you have been the last 3 1/2 years!?"

I went upstairs for 5 minutes maximum to gather up a load of laundry and as I carried it down to the basement this is what I found:

Let me just say, that I take full responsibility for playing with fire by leaving the paper shredder full because I was too lazy to empty it for about two weeks. However, it was somewhat out of sight. Not for little Micah, our Curious George. Also, these photos don't do the real mess justice as there were literally thousands of shreds of paper all mixed in with game and puzzle pieces.

Noah was a little saint and helped picked up by separating all the game and puzzle pieces so I could just go to town vacuuming. He said, "Mom, I just want to help keep our house nice." Me too buddy, me too.

Shawn literally bought a shop vac last weekend. Thank God for that. Without it I have a feeling some serious bitterness would have set in as I swept away.

I'm still chuckling a bit about how I planned to spend part my afternoon firmly planted on the couch. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. And people actually think stay-at-home moms sit around and watch tv all day...we wish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy...it is even worse than I imagined!

    ReplyDelete