Sunday, November 25, 2012

Texas trip

I am behind on posting about our October trip to Texas.  I forgot my camera so the pics are pretty sparse.

We went to celebrate the life of Jeanne Collins.  Jeanne is the mother of my best friend, Brennan, and a bright, witty, beautiful, amazing woman.  She is also one of my top mothering inspirations.  Jeanne will be dearly missed.  We were so happy to be there with the Collins/Cruser family. 

We flew to Houston, then drove to Austin.  Yep, I typed that correctly. ;)  The kids were terrific travelers, I was a little shocked how well it went.  
Lunch stop.  
 
Noah with his NFL sticker book.  This was a godsend, keeping him entertained for hours.
M & C with Liam.  Extra time with our godsons was a perk of the trip.  The kids got along well.  We are already talking about family vacations together.
 
N & Collin.
 
My Uncle Luke and Aunt Marilyn graciously let us stay at their home.  They were away but having a house to stay in made adjusting to being away from home so much easier.  Grandpa Dennis & Grandma Jane happened to be in Texas at the same time visiting our new nephew, Samuel.  I did not get one photo of that sweet boy so he better be ready for the paparazzi at Christmas.

Grandpa Dennis went to a cave with us one morning.  Pretty cool.
 
At Luke & Marilyn's ranch.



1 comment:

  1. How great that you overlapped with Dennis and Jane! Sounds like a full and fun trip. :)

    ReplyDelete