Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Preschool

Today was Noah's first day of preschool. We met his teacher, Mrs. Schubloom, during a home visit last week and adore her. Actually, when we went on our first tour of the school we went into her room and I *wished* Noah would get her and sure enough he did. Yay!

He was very excited about going this morning and did a great job cooperating and the morning went off without a hitch. I have been a little worried about making it on time. Late has been my consistent arrival time since mommyhood. Shawn came with us, so the whole family was there to wish him well. I felt the sting of tears in my eyes but no crying. I think more than anything I am excited for him but also sad that this is the start of him being in school for all the rest of the time he is at home. Now our days of lounging around and having a willy nilly schedule are limited - Noah could snuggle with me in bed and read for hours in the morning. He was beaming when we picked him up. After lunch he asked me if it was time for naps, I said yes and he replied "cause I'm tired from all that running and playing I did at preschool". Tomorrow he'll be back at it.


This is how we left him, playing with the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.
Here's how Micah spent the majority of his time, playing on Noah's work bench.

2 comments:

  1. Great stories. Such cute boys. Glad Noah is loving school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how excited he is too!

    And who knew there was a Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree?! Genius.

    ReplyDelete