Monday, November 29, 2010

Micah

Ah, certainly not least, I am thankful for Micah. We had to be patient for Micah or at least try, I know I wasn't. He went past his due date which was a shock to my doctor and all the rest of us including my brother and Shawn's parents who had been here at separate times to take care of Noah since we were certain he would come early. Jane and Dennis were scheduled to go back home the next day and I had been to the acupuncturist trying to get the show on the road when I went into labor in the middle of the night. Before I knew it we had another son. When I heard it was a boy, I realized that I secretly wanted a boy - brothers.

Emotionally it has been such a different experience having a second child. The excitement and love fest of it all is the same, but I am not nervous about every little thing so we can just enjoy this little bundle of sweetness. Sweet he is. I'm not a naturally laid back kind of person so I'm not that kind of mother but having two kids has mellowed me more than I could have known possible. Micah has also stretched me as a parent. I never really understood the concept of parenting children differently within the same family, until I had two boys with completely different personalities.

A few things we love about our little guy:

He was the most chunkalicious baby.
He is playful and has the best laugh.
He is friendly.
His personality is explosive. He is one happy kid but watch out when he gets mad.
He is a tough cookie.
His favorite stuffed animal is Curious George.
He loves hats and anything he can make into a hat.
He has the funniest way of saying "snow" and "snowman". All nasal.
He MUST have a smoothie every morning.
He is a thrill seeker, climber and a jumper.
He is always running.
He goes right to sleep for nap and bedtime.
He is a spontaneous hugger.
He adores his big brother.
He is an absolute love bug.






I have a hard time thinking of having another baby in a few short months when Micah is still my baby. Just tonight when putting him to bed I wanted to rock and rock because I know from his big brother how quickly the time for rocking passes. This little guy really keeps us on our toes and is truly a blast to have around. We are one lucky family.

Love you Micah!

3 comments:

  1. Another touching post Shawna :) Micah is such a doll. You have a beautiful family...I can't wait for your new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this one! I, too, couldn't believe how much different the second child was from the first. In personality and the way I am. I tell people who are nervous about their second that the second is so much fun...you wonder why you didn't have him/her first! ;-) Mick and I will marvel sometimes when we're out with just 1 or 2...Why did this feel so hard when we had just Audrey??????

    Can't wait to meet your spontaneous hugger someday!

    Oh and I felt a similar way with Claire when I was pregnant with Gigi. Mick and I went so far to say we felt bad for Claire, before Gigi was born. But she became such a GREAT big sister, just seamlessly, really! And seemed so big, so quickly.

    Love you Shawna! Those boys are soooooooo lucky to have you as their Mama! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your thanksgiving posts and hope that next year i'll remember to do something this sweet!!! Your boys are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete