Thursday, November 4, 2010

Teacher Love

Last week Noah and I were having a discussion about all the people who love him: mom, dad, brother, grandmas, grandpas, etc. After we had listed everyone I could think of he said after a couple of seconds, "You forgot to say Mrs. Schubloom (his teacher)." I immediately welled up with happiness to hear him say that he feels so loved and taken care of at school.

I recently read an interesting article in Harvard Magazine about a study that found a child's kindergarten experience and specifically a good K teacher has a large impact on their future success, earning potential, etc. I have been thinking a lot about it as Shawn and I are in the midst of planning to move next year so that we can be in the best school district in our area. We go back and forth on public or private, this school or that. I'm just happy that for right now we seem to be in the right place.


Noah is thankful that he loves his mom and dad. (Really the kid is on a serious sweet streak!)

Micah is thankful for leaves.

I am thankful for this:
Behind the dustbuster this immersion blender is the workhorse of the house. First I used it for baby food and now I make the boys smoothies every morning. It is so easy to use and clean and a very good use of $35.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I have always wanted an immersion blender! It might have to go on my Christmas wish list now that I know how much you love it :)

    LOVE your love stories. Noah is such a sweetheart. I think it is true what the article says. I still remember my kindergarten and first grade teachers so fondly, and therefore my experience as well.

    Healthy smoothies every morning - fun and a good call by you mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also obsessed with my immersion blender and can hardly remember how I made soup without it. Pouring hot vegetables into the blender for pureeing in batches? Ba ha ha ha! I think not!

    It warms my heart too that Noah is happy at school. And I agree with Micah that leaves are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So here's where my mind is when I looked at the picture of your blender...I thought it was an motorized wine bottle opener. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those blenders specifically for making smoothies! I got it for a wedding gift and it does rock! I haven't accomplished making soups like my sweet cuz Nico but I do get thumbs up for the strawberry, banana smoothies I make for G and I. Soon enough Bryce will get to try them out!!

    ReplyDelete