Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Quiet Time

Last Monday we started *Quiet Time* for Noah in the afternoon in lieu of a nap. Bedtime has always been a struggle for him. We had tried no naps before but I think he wasn't ready for it and it did not go well. Anyhow, I decided that we were ready to give it another whirl. So far, it has been going fantastic. He plays quietly in his room - the whole time. In fact, I always check on him because I can't believe he is staying in there. He does get a little grumpy and whiny starting at 5pm, but most importantly, he is going to bed very quickly at night and sleeping a full 12 hours and waking up happy. Can I get a woo hoo!?!

We meet him outside on the playground for preschool pickup. So typically the boys play for about a half hour then we head home for lunch. Today I could tell that something was up with Noah. He wasn't playing much and said he was ready to go home. Suffice it to say the boy was tuckered out. This is how I found him a few minutes ago during quiet time.


Shawn is headed back to Texas this evening so chances are Noah will give me a hard time come bedtime thanks to this little snooze. Wish me luck!

Nov 8 - For Madison park. The park at the end of our block.

2 comments:

  1. I heart sleeping pictures - Noah is such a cutie. I hope you have continued success with quiet time. And I feel for you with Shawn traveling and you going it alone. Good luck tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Noah is sound asleep as I'm writing this to you! I think its cute when they fall asleep playing but I also feel bad for them at the same time :-) Grady tells me he's too big to take naps any more!! Oh really, I don't think so!! He will take a 45 min to an hour nap at daycare almost daily. He's better when he takes them but often falls asleep a little later. We still put him to bed at the same time he'll just be in there talking to himself longer on those night. But for example, today he didn't have a nap and by 6pm he told me he was tired and at almost 7:30 he was sound asleep. As parents we have to choose our battles! But what if we don't like the battle choices right!!! Good Luck to you, you're a good mama you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete